Friday, March 13, 2020

January 2020 Introducing R Garden


As promised, some changes for 2020, a new decade, a new garden

Plot 5 is no more - I have given up my Plot 5 community garden in exchange for my new community garden.

R Garden is located in a nearby park, and offers a much quieter setting, although nothing is perfect, the garden does have its fair share of two and four legged garden intruders - hence the need for an assortment of barriers ...... amazing zinnias last year, but onions are definitely a no go ...... on the plus side dahlias seem to thrive here as well

Also, I'm happy to report that my temporary gas station gardens are a go for this year - happy dance - I love working these raised beds.  Here are pics of my 10/11, 64 Gardens;

Gardens 11 and 64 (below) have been mulched with leaves; Garden 10 was planted so didn't get any cover.


The green band on the lower right is Claytonia Miner's Lettuce, seeded on September 13th


No comments: