Sunday, May 30, 2021

May 14 Tomatoes are In

 Weather seems OK to transfer tomatoes to their forever homes .... the sheltered transition space for hardening off


and into the 5 gal containers they go - much larger than I realized - so tomato cages went on right away as well; tomato cages are perfect for the dwarf varieties, but the indeterminates will likely require additional staking - I generally do not prune my tomatoes, and the dwarfs are happier if left unpruned regardless; an additional  sprinkle of Gaia Green Power Bloom was added to the planting hole


also had to include a photo of my dahlias - they are starting to poke their heads above the soil ..... three tubers are planted in my small square in ground garden out back ...... Papageno and Dazzling Sun overwintered indoors from last season




No comments: