Monday, November 14, 2022

November 2 'R' Garden

time to dig the dahlias ..... haven't had a proper frost, but didn't relish the thought of digging dahlias in the snow forecast ..........

and a few more gladiola
tubers look nice and clean - the stem should be cut to about two inches, but my secateurs were's quite up for the job ...... I do not wash my tubers, just let the soil dry off;  they will be divided in the spring

dahlias cleared away, now time for some leaf mulch
radicchio still growing, but no heads yet visible
next year I will start my winter kale earlier ...... not enough to pick over the winter, but spring may provide some tender leaves
and away we go ........ five very large dahlia clumps transported in large brown bags ...... 
and one last lovely bouquet to enjoy


No comments: