Monday, November 20, 2023

September 7 Beds 10, 11 and 64 End of Season Tomatoes

wanted to capture the assorted Lilibet plants ..... and still lots of green tomatoes

Lilibet 8, one of the smaller plants, with good production of lovely shaped tomatoes...... but looking back at my notes, not the greatest flavour ..... and still a lot to ripen late in season

close-up Lilibet 8

Lilibet 3 was a tall gangly plant with loads of fruit, but again the taste was not there

lots of green tomatoes ....

had to includes these colourful marigolds from a neighbours plot ....

Lilibet 5 ..... the best flavour ...... a rather large plant going up the trellis and down the side .... however this one was not the healthiest apart from the one branch carrying all the tomatoes
but I love the look of the fruit; had not noticed the dark green shoulders  .... this will be the Lilibet I go forward with next season and fingers crossed for healthier plants


here we have Lilibet 2 ....... also was a contender for grow out next season, but not quite the flavour as Lilibet 5 however, this was by far the healthiest plant, although rather rather long for my taste


again lots of green fruit late in season

Lilibet 4 ...... this was my only potato leaf plant ...... hmmm looking back over my taste note this scored well 2 out of 3 times ..... may have to rethink my choices for next season



No comments: