Thursday, December 12, 2019

August 4 Plot 5


August already, and an update on Plot 5

first an overview, with self sown alyssum taking over - the beneficials love it, not quite sure if I do however - but easy to remove and is also providing a bit of cover for potato hills (foliage has been removed)  red orach self seeded in strawberry pot;  I never have much luck with this strawberry pot - perhaps some succulents next year??

a closer look - first up my onion harvest - these are Walla Walla purchased as starts, along with a tomato - I think Black Krim from purchased plant

my favourite perennial - garlic chives just now coming into blossom

lower left - mixed kales started from seed and transplanted into space vacated by harvest Caraflex cabbage - really early and tasty variety - a few more almost ready to harvest and some borage has made itself at home as well!!

and finally this beauty - my favourite dahlia in Plot 5 - my vision was to have a garden full of dahlias, didn't quite work out that way - but this was a lovely surprise - the label said "Harvey Koop" but the colour is totally different - I'm not a dahlia expert but I have read colour does vary ....

No comments: