Tuesday, March 7, 2023

March 7 'R' Garden

perfect gardening weather today, so decided to head over to 'R' garden to rejuvenate my rhubarb ......

unfortunately I did not get a picture of the rhubarb roots, but they took up a good portion of the back garden section; I was going to replant the fresh buds, but decided I don't make use of rhubarb and would much rather use the space for snow peas and beans ...... I could not believe the amount of root mass I dug up

also an unexpected bonus - the manure arrived today, so that was added in a thin layer to my garden as well

no before pictures, but the finished product ........ my plan is to use the front half for dahlias, the beans and peas will go in the back portion ...... grow what you eat and enjoy, and consider what grows well in your space (this garden does not like tomatoes)...... my mantra for this season


didn't make notes, but two kales - maybe Scots? and one Red Scarvita Sui Choi overwintered ..

this kale was really good frozen for soups this winter, hope to save some seed

and two Lusia Radicchio, not sure if they will head up?
back end of the garden with the rhubarb now removed ..... manure added, so hopefully snow peas can go in in a few weeks ..... may start some seed inside soon


No comments: